Friday, December 30, 2011

Entertainment Review Of The Week: The Ordering Of Love


Entertainment Review Of The Week: The Ordering Of Love

    I know I've been slagging behind in my reviews, and since I'm going to Italy tomorrow, I got to catch up with things!  So, I recently read this book about two weeks ago or so, and I immediately fell in love.  So in love, that I'm planning to buy it.  It's a collection of poems by Madeleine L'Engle (author of Newberry Award winning A Wrinkle In Time).  Her poems are full of hope, love as the title suggests, and surprisingly, a lot of religious aspects.  She writes several poems in the perspective of different Bible characters, her favorite one to write in is the perspective of Mary.  Madeleine writes from the pure depth of her soul, and it seems like her hands were just made for creativity.  Madeleine has always been a favorite of mine since I was little because of my obsession with A Wrinkle In Time.   So, I got on her website to check to see if maybe she had an account for her fans to write to her because I desperately wanted to get a hold of her.  Unfortunately, to my despair, Madeleine L'Engle died in 2007, and so my heart broke for my favorite author.  So, in honor of the great Madeleine L'Engle, I pay tribute to her.




“Why is L’Engle one of the defining poets of our time? Because when life hurts, she does not shrink from the wounds. She clarifies the murk with hope as we feel the lift of grace.”
–Calvin Miller, Beeson Divinity School
Birmingham, Alabama



November 29, 1918-September 6, 2007

“Poetry, at least the kind I write, is written out of immediate need; it is written out of pain, joy, and experience too great to be borne until it is ordered into words. And then it is written to be shared.”
–Madeleine L’Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment