Friday, December 30, 2011

Entertainment Review Of The Week: Love In The Afternoon



Entertainment Review Of The Week: Love In The Afternoon


     I always enjoy a random day where I can just sit down and watch Audrey Hepburn movies all day long.  So, that's just what I did.  I believe this is one of her earlier films, certainly before Breakfast At Tiffany's, but after Roman Holiday.  Which I just checked the IMDb, and I am correct.  Haha!  I love that.  Anyways, Gary Cooper may look extremely old in this film, but the purpose of the film was to show an old bachelor who spent his time romancing young women fall in love unexpectedly.  I'll actually be honest though, I didn't know that Gary Cooper aged so fast or maybe it was just my imagination because the last film I had seen him in was A Farewell To Arms which should be from the 1930's.  I don't know, maybe I have a bad reception of age.  Anyways, I keep getting sidetracked!  Ariane (Hepburn) plays as a detective's daughter who has lived not a secluded life, but a fairly decent, not thrilling life.  Her days are mostly spent reading her father's files on the cases he works or playing her cello.  Ariane eavesdrops on of her father's clients about a threat to kill Mr. Flanagan (Cooper).  So, Ariane finds a way to warn Mr. Flanagan, but it turns out Mr. Flanagan is more interested in her than he is being killed!  The funny part of this film is that at first, Ariane gives off the real her at first to Mr. Flanagan in which he's interested, but not something to remember much.  When he returns to Paris, Ariane changes her entire plan of attack to capture Mr. Flanagan.  It's actually pretty cute, and Mr. Flanagan is certainly a memorable character.  I would dub it the princess of romantic comedies since I dubbed My Fair Lady and Breakfast At Tiffany's the king and queen of romantic comedies.


                                                                                        **Three Stars**



No comments:

Post a Comment